5K New Runner Training
Registration for the Gold Country Run + Sport 5K Training Program is now CLOSED!
Train with us for the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical or any Spring 2023 5K event!
If you are new to running or are seeking to make a comeback after extended time off, this is the ideal training program for you. This professionally coached 5K / new runner program starts on Sunday, March 20th and is focused on trainees completing the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical on May 21, 2023 in beautiful El Dorado Hills! You can also use the program to run any Spring 5K events.
Led by Coach Javier Salazar, the group will meet twice weekly at 6:00PM on Wednesday evenings and 8:00AM on Sunday mornings at our Folsom location along the beautiful American River trail.
Group enrollment cost is only $85 and includes:
- 8-week coached training program with weekly training plans provided
- Unlimited access to the coach through private group page, e-mail, or phone
- Running technique, injury prevention and nutrition tips
- Free GCRS training technical T-shirt
- Personalized appointment for an in-store shoe-fitting and one-time discount of 15% off all purchases (Garmin watch purchases will be limited to a discount of 10%). All participants should have a Garmin or other GPS enabled watch or be able to run safely with their phones and will need to sign up for a Strava account (which is free).
- 15% off entry into the Gold Country 5K presented by Marshall Medical.