Start the new year off with a running program! If you are new to running or are seeking to make a comeback after extended time off, this is the ideal training program for you. This professionally coached beginner runner program starts on Saturday, January 23rd and is geared toward having trainees complete a 5K run by the end of the 8-week program.
Led by Certified Running Coach Kurt Jaehn, the group will meet twice weekly at 6:00PM on Tuesday evening and 8:00AM on Saturday morning at various locations in El Dorado Hills and Folsom. Participants who prefer to do the program virtually will be able to follow the training plan provided and receive feedback on their runs from our coach.
We will limit the number of participants to 20 and registration will close on January 17, 2021.
The Kick-Off Meeting / Introduction to the Coach will be held on Tuesday, January 19 at 6:00PM to hear more about this program from the coach and to meet other trainees.
Group enrollment cost is only $85 and includes:
- 8-week coached training program with weekly training plans provided
- Optional in-person outdoor training sessions with virtual weekly check-ins
- Unlimited access to the coach through private group page, e-mail, or phone
- Running technique, injury prevention and nutrition tips
- Free GCRS training technical T-shirt
- Personalized appointment for an in-store shoe-fitting and one-time discount of 15% off all purchases (Garmin watch purchases will be limited to a discount of 10%). All participants should have a Garmin or other GPS enabled watch or be able to run safely with their phones and will need to sign up for a Strava account (which is free).
- Virtual or in-person 5K organized run at the end of the program
- Discounted entry into the Gold Country Marshall Medical 5K to be held in May 2021!
Due to the ongoing restrictions related to the Covid-19 situation and the cancellation of Fall marathons, we canceled our Fall 2020 half marathon and marathon training programs. We will start our Gold Country Half Marathon, which will be held on May 16, 2021, and full marathon training programs again in Winter 2021.