Half Marathon Training
Join us as we train for the Gold Country Half Marathon to be held on May 21, 2023. Whether this is your first time running a half marathon, or you are looking to set a PR, let our experienced and energetic team of coaches guide you to the finish line!
Register for this local favorite training program and get the following great benefits!
- Experienced Coaches to Support and Guide you to the Finish Line
- Free technical training shirt (or GCRS Technical Hat or Visor for returning Members!)
- One time 15% discount at Gold Country Run + Sport to get all the gear needed for the program and ongoing 15% discount on all nutrition products during the duration of the training program.
- 15% discount on the Gold Country Half Marathon registration
- Twice a week planned, progressive coached group workouts
- Weekly Training Schedule to follow on your own
- Private Gold country Training Facebook Group to connect with trainees, learn from the coaches, and stay informed about training plan and meeting locations
- Opportunity to sample some of the latest running nutrition and gear
- Training on Gold Country Half Marathon race course
- VIP entrance to Gold Country Run + Sport on race morning
- And much more…
Registration Fee: $150 (Does not include Race Registration Fee)
Refund Policy: If you cancel your registration for our training program before the Meet and Greet meeting, you can choose between a refund of your registration fee or a credit in the amount of your registration fee.
- Meet and Greet Meeting: Week of March 6, 2023
- Training Program Starts: Tuesday March 14, 2023
- Training Days and Times: Tuesday evenings at 6:00PM and Saturday mornings at 7:30AM
- Race Date: May 21, 2023
Minimum Fitness: The first week of training will have runners running 8-12 miles with a long run of 4-7 miles. Prior to the start of training, it is highly recommended that registrants be running 8-12 miles per week and have done at least a 5 mile continuous run. Those who are interested in learning how to run and race should consider the Gold Country Run + Sport New Runner / 5K training program when it is open for registration!
Robert Cathey – Coach (RRCA Certified)
Robert has always been active with cycling, weight training and bootcamps but rarely ran. He didn’t start running regularly until age 54, that year he ran his first half marathon – the 2018 Gold Country Half Marathon. In 2019, he signed up for the Gold Country CIM training program and completed his first marathon. Robert has completed a number of 5ks, 10ks, and half marathons. He leads the Sacramento chapter of Black Men Run (BMR), a national organization with the mission of improving health outcomes through running and diversifying running events. As BMR Captain, Robert leads several running meet-ups weekly, throughout the Sacramento region. Robert’s passion for running is fueled by connecting people and improving health outcomes. He completed his second CIM in 2021 through the Gold Country CIM training group and is looking forward to helping others achieve their running goals. Robert is currently in the process of completing his RRCA running coach certification.